Ragamuffin Gal

".. from my ragged heart to yours"

April 18, 2010

~I'M aLSo A HooKeR!!!~***

It is not a well known fact about me..

because I don't talk about it
that much...

But I like to HooK!

And here are the pictures
 to show and Tell it!!!



Primitive angel (my current project)



Tammy ~ our teacher and "Master rug hooker"


Yummy threads!


View from the Lake Boat House


Good friend Dulcy (wonderful designer ~ you can visit
her blog ~  & fabulous rug designs here)  and Tammy ~
her blog Skip To My Ewe is gorgeous too!


Beautiful Inspirational Sampler


This past Sat. was the 2nd Hook In at the Lake Boathouse!
I am not very good at hooking ~ but I love my hooking friends
and our get togethers.  I am trying to think of a way to combine
my love for wool and my love of altered art.

Let me know if you have some ideas ~ I would love
to hear them!


Just love the colors and simple design of this rug!


How I continue to marvel at all the talent in
Blogland!  If you have not visited these
Fabulous blogs, I urge you to rush over
and give them a look! 

1.  Ozstuff ~ one of the hostesses of
the 3 Muses Challenges.  She is an Austrailian delight!



2.  Hang onto your bloomers and travel to Ireland to see
Rainey's collection of Steampunk/Alice in Wonderland
 inspired wares. Her web design alone will be worth the trip!
Recently I won one of her stunning pendants in her
give away ~ which I will show and tell when it arrives!
You can find her website here and her blog here!


3.  And finally a big shout out to these wonderful blogs
How do we ever get anything done when there is so
much beauty and inspiration to behold?
We are blessed indeedie!


I just purchased 2 more prints from the
incredibly talented Marsha Sayer Jorgensen

Jerusalem from Jolly Goode Gal
is one of the first blog friends I ever made.
Through the years she has been an
ever-so-wonderful source of inspiration!

And the final one (for this week) is my
beloved Sisters of the Traveling Book.
When my chips are down, these are my
ever faithful friends who lift me up and 
continue to provide friendship and mail love
just when I need it the most! Love you gals!


To use a quote from my fellow hooker Tammy ~

Go Forth
and
Be Creative!!!
~*

15 comments:

Linda Jo said...

I shoulda known you were a hooker....think I suspected it. ha! I have the patterns and the tool! Just need to do it! You are such a treasure, my dear!

Pam Aries said...

I love the rug too! All those pretty colors. thanks for all the cool links .

Mrs. E said...

I never cease to be amazed at how talented, creative, and inspirational you are! (I hooked a long time ago. It was great fun, but then it kind of died out. So nice to see it is alive and well!)

Tammy Burks said...

Katie,
It was so good to see you yesterday. By the way, I loved the necklace you had on....sweet!

Janet said...

Now that we know about your secret life, you'll have to share more of your hooking with us!!

And thanks for all the great links. I'll be busy tonight!

Mollye said...

Hooking. hmm 'tis all good. I do a bit of hooking myself but with a different type hook. And with yarn rather than threads. It just does a body good I think. Beautiful work there!

Anna said...

I think I have seen some of your beautiful work.... on one of your blog post! :) My first form of "hooking" was latch hook in the seventies... I then attempted again in the early 00's (2001) (I made a sheep pillow for a friend) i still have the frame and some wool and the hook - I just need to revive the hooker in me to hook an owl.... I think it would be sooooo fun. It's a great way to pass time... just like stitching is! btw - you got me hooked on Glee - it's a great show - I love it! Love you too! xo - amt

Patti said...

Your project looks amazing! And that looks like a lot of fun. How can you NOT be inspired with such a beautiful location and good crafty friends?! Keep us updated on your progress! Have a wonderful day~~~

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fantastic piece you're working on Katie...from one hooker to another ;)
I used to recycle wool skirts and dye them and had so much wool I donated it to the local Quilt Guild. I still have my Cushings dyes and kinda miss the smell of hot wool cooking on the stove ;)
Combing alt art and hooking would be a great thing!
I am off to check out all of the fabbie links...tfs!
oxo

Unknown said...

I have heard that hooking is pretty habit forming........It looks fun!

Anonymous said...

A quick hello Katie ! nice visiting you !! hugs, Marie

dulcy said...

The hook in was so much fun! Especially cause we went together!!! Hope to gab a bit with you this weekend.
xo

Joanna said...

What a wonderful post - beautiful pictures of stunning work created by amazing people. I love that you're a hooker, and that you so enjoy the company of other hookers. That pic of all the wools is lush!

Thank you for sharing those postcard images with us, don't you love the face on the little girl 2nd from the right? Says it all!

Jo
xxx

Rainey J. Dillon said...

Awh thanks Petal for the shout out! you're very good. hope you like your pendant when it eventually arrives to you!;)
There's a lovely 'feel' over here on your bloggy
Rainey
x

Relyn Lawson said...

That sampler is stunning. So beautiful!