Ragamuffin Gal

".. from my ragged heart to yours"

July 20, 2011

What Teachers do in the Summer~


We sleep in and...


wear our pajamas all day long.
(with our heels because after all we are classy)


We have important decisions to make, like ..

which pair of gloves to wear with our outfits,


and which flowers to pose with for our pictures.


We dream of Amour


and how to send our children away 
for an extended vacation.


We eat cherries
or
just pose with them instead of
the flowers.


we enjoy our Happy Hours
sometimes starting early.. like in the morning.


We play with our four legged fur friends


And happily sew our new teaching 
clothes for the school year.
And...

Now you know how teachers make the most 
of their long summer hours.


I would enjoy knowing what you are
doing with yours this summer,
please share.




When I found these photos earlier this summer, I just couldn't resist building a post around them.  It always strikes me as funny that some folks have no idea that teachers are always (for the most part) thinking of school no matter what they do during the summer.  Also we are busy trying to make up time with our families when we are not there during the rest of the year.  When school is on I average about a 55+ hour work week.  I am trying to do better, but honestly don't see how the ones that do keep it shorter actually do it.  If you are one of the lucky ducks, then maybe this is how your summer goes ~ LOL.  Enjoy your days my friends ~ XO, me

13 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your post today. The photos are so charming and you sure made me smile with all your captions like wearing heels with your PJ's. Enjoy the rest of your summer because soon you will be back to school. I have been busy doing some projects around the house and trying to keep my cool (temperature not temper).

Danielle

Suz said...

Yes, that is what teachers do all summer. Isn't it wonderful? Enjoy every bit of it, my sweet friend!
<3
Suz

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I taught kindergarten for 7 years so I know where you are coming from. I always wondered how my colleagues always had so much more free time than I did. I was always planning and preparing lessons after school and at home. Now that I am in admin at the kids school, I don't have to bring work home with me which is a wonderful thing. I am having lots and lots and lots of pajama days. School starts for me again in 3-1/2 weeks so I am making the most of this down time by doing whatever I want. Have a great day. Tammy

Linda Jo said...

My daughter is a teacher and you sure have her pegged! ha! I'm just trying to survive the heat in Texas and do some art journaling!

Jon Lee said...

I love this. I am a teacher, and I am sleep in fairly late. I read, stitch. Mainly I spend time with my college-age son, who is home with me this summer. I also need to get my hair done, nails, and some new clothes for school. I also have to read three novels for school. Enjoy the rest of your summer. I hope to have mine last as long as possible but August 15 will be here before long.

Lovey said...

Now that's a perfect post description! That is so me!!! Love it! Kid's wouldn't go away though...smiles...maybe next year! Hah!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Katie
I love your post!
Fabulous images with the most amazing narrative. This is such a special post and I want to thank you for creating it.
Wishes
Lynne

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Katie,
beautiful post - I love it!!It sure made me smile.Enjoy the summer aand have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

~*~Patty S said...

perfectly lovely and charming just like you are dear Katie!

it makes me smile thinking of all of the lucky students that don't even know yet that you will be teaching/guiding/inspiring them this coming fall ... and then there are all of the lucky hearts that have already been touched by you!

staying cool is what we are trying to do here in N VA ... it has been quite challenging of late

wishing you a lovely weekend full of whatever your hearts' desires dear one
oxo

dulcy said...

Lunches with friends, wearing zero makeup, eating slowing, seeing movies on weekday afternoons, cleaning out cupboards, hitting flea markets, reading books, making art, and buying new underwear. These were always on my summer list..... I tried not to think too much about school until right about now. My summer mantra was "Get off my cloud!"
xo

Margaret said...

I think I need to be a teacher!! what a gorgeous post, love the images so much. Enjoy your time relaxing¨ Mx

Lynnae said...

My mom is an older teacher. I don't know ow she keeps up with the first graders but she does and they love her. She gets to school at 7 am and usually leaves around 6 pm, because she doesn't take much work home. But often in the summer she is taking courses or other things she needs to do for teaching, and she will find a little time in there to visit us out of state or take visitors at her house.
I know the summer goes by very fast for her too.

Relyn Lawson said...

You are CRACKING me up!!! Love this post!!