Ragamuffin Gal

".. from my ragged heart to yours"

June 18, 2008

*It*WaS*tHe*PeRfeCt*DaY*To*CapTuRe*A*FaiRy*

Dear Friends,
I was looking out my front window
and there on a small stone
stood a wee fairy!

I went outside to get a closer look~
she moved in closer too ~
and ~

I captured her in a small
glass jar.

But I couldn't bear to put a
lid on the jar ~
so I let her free to fly
around in my studio.

She quickly made friends
with my spool fairy.

I found a nice soft
candle box for her to
sleep in ~
but, she asked to be
taken back to the flower garden ~

So I let my small fairy friend
fly away free ~

Because like me,
she seems
more content to be free
to enjoy nature's greenery.










I spent the rest of the afternoon
making two little boxes
filled with tiny creations
for beloved friends.


Many Blessings!`

8 comments:

Bunny B said...

I love fairies!! :) What a cutie!

summersundays-jw said...

I'm so glad you're back to createing. Hope you're feeling better. I love fairies too -- & so do Stella & Phoebe. I think Sage may have moved on to action figures. Jan

joy said...

Just too perfect - maybe I can find another one to join her this weekend!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Katie. Thank you so very much for your sweet words!!! I just love fairies and your's are beautiful!!!! After this crazy yard sale, I must create a few.....much love and hugs, Dawn

dulcy said...

I love the fairies in the garden! See you tomorrow (the salad was awesome!)

xoxo
dulcy

PattiV said...

Your fairy is adorable and the blessing boxes are adorable!!! soooo pretty!
huge hugs
Patti V

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Your fairy in the garden story was amazing, I was so glad you let her go back to her garden home... we should never keep for long something so beautiful and free as they are... one of God's amazing little gifts to our mind.... and your little shadow boxes are filled with such love... thank you also for your prayers... I know God is in control of my life...

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

These are very sweet. Lucky friends!