Ragamuffin Gal

".. from my ragged heart to yours"

February 13, 2013



I think the first shape I ever learned to create was the 

Heart.

I remember folding the paper in half,
tracing a half moon
with the top slanted in
and  voila!
A Heart is born.

But making a heart,
that is quite a different kind of story..

I suppose if you love others,
not for what they give,
but just for being,
give completely of yourself until you have
no more to give,
experience pain,
 a relentless grief,
lose a life dream, 
a hope for your life,
or for one you deeply love,
then
feel 
the sheltering wings
wrap around you,
holding you
until you can stand
 again,
know the certainty 
of love and life eternal,

then you have begun making
 an authentic
 heart.

I think my favorite
artist, poet, musician
says it best..

..For the snow that comes with winter
For the growth that comes from pain
For the joke I can't remember
Although the laughter long remains
For the faith that brought to finish
all I doubted from the start
Lord, I give you praise for all that makes
For the hatching of a heart...

..For the strength that comes
from friendship
For the warmth that comes from hope
For the love time can't diminish
and for the time love takes to grow
And for the moonlight on the water
and the bright and morning star
Lord, I give you praise for all that makes
For the hatching of a heart.

(Rich Mullens)



I love the part in the story of The Grinch
where it says
 "..his heart grew 3 sizes that day."

May your beautiful 
Heart
keep growing and becoming!

Happy Valentines Day !

Katie


7 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh so beautiful Katie.
I try for an authentic every day of my life.
Sending many warm "hearts" to you today and always as that what you give me!
Suzy

~*~Patty S said...

Oh dear Katie ... thank you for sharing your heart so sweetly all ways!

May you continue to feel the Love all around you...
oxo

Linda Jo said...

Beautiful post, Katie! And I love the heart at the bottom. Happy Valentine's Day!

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful authentic heart!

~*~Patty S said...

How did I miss your beautiful post dear Katie!

Still sending you
Love Sweet Love and very best wishes always!
oxo

Relyn Lawson said...

I love you, friend.

Jeanie said...

Katie, this is simply perfect. I love the words -- thank you for sharing your beautiful heart!