Ragamuffin Gal

".. from my ragged heart to yours"

May 4, 2007

A Day Away...

Today I was away from work on a personal day. This morning I read, hooked on my "Simplify" rug hooking project, prayed, drank coffee, played with my cats, read, created more collage art hangers, went to the craft store, book store, and then drank tea and read some more.

Last night I read an interesting article by a young Christian "radical" named Shane Clairborne. Today I ventured out to find his book, Irresistable Revolution, and I found it! It was my find of the day! This guy is the real deal and I recommend him to you if you are not afraid of being challenged. He also is giving the proceeds from this book to a number of ministries that teach art and music to inter city youth. One of these charities (near and dear to my heart) is one started by someone I deeply admire, the late Rich Mullins. It is called the Kid Brothers of St. Frank. That is a God thing -I love those guys! I was meant to read this book! I'm loving the way it challenges me.

Tomorrow I will go to our city's Art Fest with my dear friend Dulcy. I am looking so forward to it! Dulcy is a great traveling companion. Well, it is time to get back to creating and hooking!

Thought challenge for the day:
Are you living the life you were created for?
(Ephesians 2:5ish-10ish paraphased from the Message, God in His immense mercy and with incredible love, embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ... Saving is all his idea and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It is God's gift. He creates each one of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.

No comments: